Our site and inspections are carried out by a team of experienced engineers, who are experts in building legislation, technical codes and construction standards. Our team detect and diagnose problems with design issues, construction techniques and materials and they undertake the inspection process from foundations through to completion. Our services include:

  • Footing, foundation, slab and frame certifications
  • Retaining wall certifications
  • Compliance inspections
  • Dilapidation reports
  • Unauthorised structure inspections
  • Cracked ground slab inspections
  • Construction advice
  • Forensic engineering investigations


Do I need a dilapidation report?

A dilapidation report is typically completed for neighbouring properties prior to construction work taking place in adjacent or surrounding areas. Dilapidation reports are recommended for both parties (property owners and builders) as it protects property owners if any damage occurs during the construction and protects builders from any exaggerated/false claims of damage from property owners.

Do I need a forensic engineer?

If your home is damaged or has a failing structure, you will need a forensic engineer to inspect the structure to determine what caused the damage and how the home can be repaired. A forensic engineer’s role is to work with structural engineers to analyse damage to the property and develop plans for remediation works. Their investigation will assist in getting your home back to its original condition. The forensic engineer may also work with you to resolve disputes in court.

What are footings?

Footings are the first part of a building constructed and are the structural foundation to any new building. Footings are built for the purpose of holding your building together and being the foundational support to your structure by distributing the weight of the building over a large area.

Should I be worried about a crack in my walls?

If you notice any discolouration around the crack, you should immediately look to investigate. Discolouration around a crack can be a tell-tale sign of a leak somewhere within the walls, to fix this the source of the leak must be identified and the affected wall will need to be replaced to avoid further damage.

If the cracks are larger than a hairline, you should look to have them inspected. Large cracks (larger than 5mm) can indicate a structural problem.

The shape of the crack can also shed light on the cause, a crack that appears in a zig-zag pattern can be an indicator of a structural issue as it is following the mortar line in the bricks.

Featured Bespoke Design

All our designs are carefully crafted for the best outcome to suit each project and client’s wants and needs.